Americans spend $50 billion every year on weight-loss programs and diet pills. Unfortunately, 22% of this goes to fake weight loss products.
More and more people are facing the problem of obesity and a lot of them are resorting to weight loss supplements. While some people have benefited from these supplements, there are still a lot of people who are clueless about what type to buy. In the end, they are left frustrated without losing a single pound.
Worry no more! Here are some proven tips to help out weight losers wannabes when buying diet pills in the market:
- Before buying a diet supplement, consult a doctor. There are weight loss supplements that are available only by prescription. Do not forget to tell the doctor about allergies to certain medications and health history.
- For over-the-counter supplements, decide what kind to buy. There are numerous types available in the market today. Some are appetite suppressants while some help the body to absorb fat. Also, do not forget to check the ingredients and carefully read the labels to avoid serious side effects like high blood and heart valve lesions. Also, make sure it will not react negatively to any other medications that are currently being taken. It would also help to have it checked by the doctor before taking it.
- Keep in mind that all weight loss supplements, even those that are prescribed by doctors, carry risks. It is for this reason that all instructions must be followed carefully and religiously. Stop taking the supplements if unusual symptoms are being noticed.
- Choose diet pills that are approved by the Food and Drug Administration agency of FDA. These products are monitored and carry minimum risks.
- Beware of over-the-counter diet pills that contain Ma Huang. This is a strong stimulant that has been associated with death, especially among professional athletes.
- When purchasing online, make sure that all the weight loss supplements are sealed. Do not accept bottles that were tampered with.
- Remember that dietary products that promise quick weight loss usually do not have the approval of the FDA. Most of these products have severe side effects that lead to drastic weight loss.
- Research the internet for diet pills that are proven to have side effects. For example, a Brazilian diet pill was recently sold in the USA that contains drugs and chemicals like antidepressants, tranquilizers, and amphetamines. This pill was advertised as all-natural but was proven dangerous to health.
- Never buy Ephedra-based supplements; they are deeply associated with strokes and death.
- Look for supplements that contain essential nutrients like Omega fatty acids, B12, calcium, and liver oils which are very important, especially to women.
- Buy products that are endorsed or recommended by health professionals or bodybuilders.
- Do not depend on weight loss supplements alone. Eat healthily and exercise. Try working out in the gym at least 3 times a week and get incredible results!
Weight loss supplements have been on the market for some time now but their effects, in the long run, have not yet been proven. People who are serious about losing weight must supplement supplements with exercise and a well-balanced diet. This is the most effective way in shedding pounds the healthy way.
Originally posted 2021-12-24 15:38:39.